Queensland-based Bundaberg Rum Distillery brings home a trophy at the ISC for the second year running
Bundaberg, Bundaberg Rum has taken home Trophies and Gold awards for the second year running at the prestigious International Spirits Challenge 2021. After establishing a strong presence last year for Best Distillery Visitor Centre with a trophy and double gold win, Bundaberg has re-affirmed its position with a Gold Award for the same category, and an impressive Trophy and Double Gold Award for the Distillery Tour category, cementing the iconic Distillery Experience as the ‘World’s Best’.
The Bundaberg Rum Distillery was up against stiff global competition in the Distillery Tour category. Feedback from the judging panel was overwhelmingly positive, recognising the Distillery as a renowned tourist attraction and attributing its success to the unique experiences on offer for visitors, who can immerse themselves in the history and the rum production process.
The new awards for the Bundaberg Rum Visitor Experience are the most recent accolades to Bundaberg Rum’s growing trophy cabinet, that already houses more than 200 domestic and international awards for its rum and tourism experiences. This success further establishes the Bundaberg Rum Distillery as not only Australia’s most awarded rum distillery* but also a must-see iconic tourist attraction, that is now home to the world’s best distillery tour.
Duncan Littler, Bundaberg Rum Distillery Marketing & Experience Manager, says “Achieving further Trophy and Gold wins at an international level makes me incredibly proud to be part of Bundaberg Rum.”
“The team work hard to make every element of the Bundaberg experience truly world class, and it’s fantastic to see this acknowledged by an award of this scale. We’ve put in significant effort to ensure we continue to provide the best experience for guests and do so safely, despite the challenges presented by Covid-19. To earn the Trophy and Double Gold awards in the Tour and Visitor Centre categories for the past two years is outstanding and is testament to the dedication of our Bundaberg team.”
The International Spirits Challenge 2021 trophy winners were announced earlier in July.
The Bundaberg Rum Visitor Experience is the home of Bundaberg Rum and the iconic Distillery Experience tour.
The Bundaberg Rum Museum is included as part of the Distillery tour and allows tourists to walk through a series of converted 75,000L oak vats while learning of the proud, rich history behind one of Australia's favourite spirits. The museum also has the world's largest collection of unique Bundaberg Rum bottles and is home to Bundy R Bear. The premium Blend Your Own Rum Experience includes a Bundaberg Rum Distillery tour, a specialised rum blending masterclass and two 700ml bottles of personalised Bundaberg Rum to take home.
The Bundaberg Rum Visitor Experience also includes a large Retail Store where guests can purchase products exclusive to the Distillery.
Visitor Experience opening times:
- Weekdays: 9:30 – 5:00pm (tours run on the hour, last tour at 3pm)
- Weekends & Public Holidays: 9:30 – 4:00pm (tours run on the hour, last tour at 2pm)
Tour capacity is currently limited, so booking in advance is strongly recommended.
Bundaberg Rum: Visitor Experience
- 2021 – International Spirits Challenge – Distillery Tour: Double Gold & Trophy Winner
- 2021 – International Spirits Challenge – Distillery Visitor Centre: Gold
- 2020 – International Spirits Challenge – Distillery Visitor Centre: Double Gold & Trophy Winner
- 2020 – International Spirits Challenge – Distillery Tour: Gold
- 2019 – Australian Tourism Awards – Tourism Wineries, Distilleries and Breweries: Gold
- 2019 – Queensland Tourism Awards – Tourism Wineries, Distilleries and Breweries: Gold
- 2019 – Queensland Tourism Awards – Tourist Attraction: Silver
- 2016, 2018 & 2019 – Distillery Challenge Awards: World’s Best Distillery Event (The Spirit of Bundaberg Festival)
- 2017, 2018 & 2019 – Distillery Challenge Awards: World’s Best Distillery Retail Experience
- 2018 – Australian Tourism Awards – Tourism Wineries, Distilleries and Breweries: Gold
- 2018 – Queensland Tourism Awards – Tourism Wineries, Distilleries and Breweries: Gold
- 2018 – Queensland Tourism Awards – Tourist Attraction: Silver
- 2017 – Distillery Challenge Awards: World’s Best Distillery Educational Experience
- 2017 – Queensland Tourism Awards – Winery, Brewery or Distillery Experience: Bronze
- TripAdvisor Traveller’s Choice 2020
Bundaberg Rum: Royal Liqueur Chocolate & Coffee
- 2021 – World Liqueur Awards: World’s Best Rum Liqueur
Bundaberg Rum: Royal Liqueur Banana & Toffee
- 2019 – World Liqueur Awards: World’s Best Rum Liqueur
Bundaberg Rum: Solera
- 2019 – San Francisco Wine & Spirits Competition: Double Gold Medal
- 2018 – New York Wine & Spirits Competition: Double Gold Medal
- 2017 – World Rum Awards: World’s Best Dark Rum
Bundaberg Rum: Small Batch Reserve
- 2016 – World Rum Awards: World’s Best Gold Rum
- 2015 - San Francisco Wine & Spirits Competition: Best Dark/Gold Rum in Show
- 2015 - San Francisco Wine & Spirits Competition: Double Gold Medal
Bundaberg Rum: Blenders Edition
- 2021 – San Francisco Wine & Spirits Competition: Gold Medal
- 2017 – International Spirits Challenge: Gold Medal & Rum Tasting Trophy
- 2016 – World Rum Awards: World’s Best Rum
- 2016 – World Rum Awards: World’s Best Dark Rum
- 2016 – New York Wine & Spirits Competition: Double Gold Medal
Bundaberg Rum: Small Batch Vintage Barrel
- 2017 – World Rum Awards: Australia’s Best Dark Rum
ABOUT BUNDABERG RUM:
The Bundaberg Rum Distillery is a unique, authentically Australian icon unlike any other. For more than 130 years the
Bundaberg Rum Distillery has proudly created the smooth golden liquor made from the finest sugar cane in tropical
Queensland, surviving two fires and two floods as an enduring testament to the Australian spirit. Whether you’re a rum enthusiast or planning a weekend away, the Bundaberg Rum Distillery, just four hours north of Brisbane airport, offers guests an unforgettable and one of a kind distillery experience. The Blend Your Own Rum Experience at Bundaberg Rum includes a Bundaberg Rum Distillery tour, rum tasting, rum blending masterclass and two 700ml bottles of personalised Bundaberg Rum to take home.
Diageo is a global leader in beverage alcohol with an outstanding collection of brands across spirits, beer and wine categories. These brands include Johnnie Walker, Bundaberg Rum, Smirnoff, Gordon’s Gin and Tanqueray gin, UDL, Cîroc and Ketel One vodkas, Captain Morgan, Baileys and Don Julio tequila. Diageo is a global company, and our products are sold in more than 180 countries around the world. The company is listed on both the London Stock Exchange (DGE) and the New York Stock Exchange (DEO). For more information about Diageo, our people, our brands, and performance, visit us at www.diageo.com. Visit Diageo’s global responsible drinking resource, www.DRINKiQ.com, for information, initiatives, and ways to share best practice. In Australia, Diageo is a contributor to DrinkWise, an independent, not-for-profit organisation focused on promoting change towards a healthier and safer drinking culture. Visit www.drinkwise.org.au for more information and the facts about alcohol. Celebrating life, every day, everywhere.