FedEx Goes All-In for the Holiday Season
FedEx provides shoppers and shippers a range of enhanced solutions ensuring reliability, visibility, and convenience
The festive holiday shopping season is already in full swing and FedEx Express (FedEx), a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) and one of the world's largest transportation companies, is going all-in to help shoppers and shippers spread seasonal joy at this special time of the year.
E-commerce continues to grow its share of retail spending. According to FedEx research, 80% of consumers in the Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa (AMEA) region have increased their e-commerce spending in the last three years and over 70% think it will continue to grow in the next three years.1 This year, e-commerce events like Black Friday and Cyber Monday which signal the final countdown to Christmas, continue to make a difference to consumers. In fact, many would like even more online shopping festivals.2 To make the most of the season, e-tailers are looking to boost their effectiveness and are innovating their services through personalized customer offers such as online “shoppertainment” and new payment options to attract visitors and clicks. Furthermore, 87% of e-merchants seek additional support from logistics providers to support these seasonal events.3
“In AMEA, the gifting season continues in the months leading up to Christmas through to Lunar New Year. Along with consumers’ intent to do more online shopping during the festive season,2 e-tailers, especially small and medium-sized businesses, are gearing up their efforts to deliver the best customer experience possible to stay competitive,” said Kawal Preet, president of the Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa (AMEA) at FedEx Express. “As delivery is a crucial part of customer experience, we’re committed to providing businesses and shoppers with a wide range of easy-to-use solutions to make holiday shipping as easy as possible.”
FedEx has flexible delivery options to give both businesses and consumers confidence through this busy season. These include:
- Competitive Delivery Speed and Great value: FedEx® International Connect Plus (FICP) is an international e-commerce shipping service that combines competitive delivery speed with attractive prices ensuring most shipments will be delivered within 1 to 3 business days* within AMEA**. For those super urgent last minute shipments FedEx International Priority® Express is available providing delivery by 10.30am or noon for select markets in Asia‡, United States, Canada and Europe.
- Convenience and control: FedEx® Delivery Manager International gives consumers options on where and when their residential shipments are delivered. The service has recently been enhanced to include delivery notifications and personalized options now available on WhatsApp†. The date and location of delivery can even be changed once the shipment is in progress so you can manage your deliveries when you are on the go.
- Peace of mind: All FedEx shipments are trackable as they pass through our network. But the ultimate assurance comes with Picture Proof of Delivery which provides customers with peace of mind when they receive a photo confirmation that their shipments have arrived to their door††.
- Seamless Integration: FedEx is integrating its services with e-commerce marketplaces to generate FedEx shipping labels and access features like Express Shipping Services and International Shipping Documentation Service, without leaving the platforms. Easy-to-use, friction-free services like these are important timesavers for e-commerce merchants during the holidays when order books are filling up. They also make a difference to end consumers in helping to ensure their expectations are met.
- Becoming more sustainable: FedEx is following a multi-track path to reduce carbon emissions in the delivery cycle with a goal of achieving carbon neutral global operations by 2040. This includes investing in electric vehicles for last mile deliveries, and enhancing digital solutions. Additionally, FedEx is implementing solutions like reusable packaging to help reduce waste in the shipping process.
Whether you are managing your business or managing your kids‘ wish list, FedEx is standing by to help everyone this holiday season so you can shop and ship with confidence and spend more time with the people that matter.
1 FedEx report 2022. What‘s Next in E-commerce: 6 Trends shaping the future
2 FedEx report 2022. What‘s Next in E-commerce: 6 Trends shaping the future
3 FedEx report 2022. What‘s Next in E-commerce: 6 Trends shaping the future
*Terms and conditions apply – visit fedex.com for full details of our services.
** FICP is currently available in 14 AMEA markets which include Australia, Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Japan, mainland China, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam.
‡ Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand
† WhatsApp notifications are available in AMEA markets: Australia, Hong Kong, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore.
^ Service availability in 1 to 3 business days and exact delivery time depends on origin and destination postal codes.
††Currently available for non-signature package deliveries to residential addresses in Hong Kong and New Zealand.