In critical times, we expect our public institutions to step up. Inevitably, we are going to judge them, as we should, because it is important that they get decisions right.
But judgements about an institution have to be based on an informed understanding of what it is doing; and what are the right and wrong ways for it to go about its job.
- ^ broadside (www.dailytelegraph.com.au)
- ^ www.abs.gov.au/covid19 (www.abs.gov.au)
- ^ near real-time results (www.abs.gov.au)
- ^ households (www.abs.gov.au)
- ^ business payroll information (www.abs.gov.au)
- ^ The charts that show coronavirus pushing up to a quarter of the workforce out of work (theconversation.com)
Authors: Jeff Borland, Professor of Economics, University of Melbourne