Sydney, Monday 9th May 2016: Helping school children learn about coughs, colds and flu, and the spread of germs through an interactive respiratory hygiene educational program for teachers of children in the early years of education is Sneezesafe® from Kleenex® tissues. Sneezesafe is back this year, with an exciting program designed to help kids learn basic respiratory hygiene in the classroom and at home.
Developed for Australian schools, the Sneezesafe program supports the Early Years learning and development frameworks for health and wellbeing across Australian states.
“As Winter is fast approaching, with it comes the sounds of runny red noses, the sniffles, and the arrival of the annual sneezing season,” explains Mariam Nouel, Senior Brand Manager – Kleenex Facial at Kimberly-Clark Australia. “We’re very proud to be re-launching the Sneezesafe program once again this year and are confident that we’ll reach over 4500 classrooms, and more than 135,000 Australian students across the sneezing season.
Sneezesafe is consistent with the Federal Government’s guidelines relating to the control of viruses like flu and the common cold and all content has been developed to accord with current state specific curriculum.
Nouel adds: “This year the program will be taking one step forward by encouraging kids to change their behaviour at home. We have two new fantastic competitions that teachers can access, and that will really help drive the simple 1-2-3 campaign message, Catch It, Bin It, Wash It – a technique designed for children to use to control the spread of germs and practice correct tissue use.”
The program provides teachers with helpful classroom resources including engaging lesson plans, interactive games and activities, certificates and sticker sheets for the children to receive at the end of the program. Teaching children how to ‘Catch It, Bin It, Wash It’ in the classroom and at home in an engaging and educational manner means that together students, teachers and parents can enjoy a Sneezesafe environment.
The 2016 Sneezesafe program will commence in Australian schools from the 9th May. Please go to the brand NEW website to learn more about the initiative at: https://www.sneezesafe.com.au/
Kimberly-Clark (NYSE: KMB) and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, nearly a quarter of the world's population trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds the No.1 or No. 2 share positions in 80 countries. To keep up with the latest K-C news and to learn more about the company's 144-year history of innovation, visit www.kimberly-clark.com
• Kimberly-Clark is a global leader in the ‘essentials for a better life’ across Consumer and Business-to-business markets.
• Kimberly-Clark Australia (KCA) is headquartered at Milsons Point, Sydney NSW.
• The company markets leading household brands including the KLEENEX®, HUGGIES®, U BY KOTEX®, VIVA®, POISE® and DEPEND® ranges.
• Kimberly-Clark Professional represents the company’s B2B business.
• KCA employs over 1400 employees in Australia and operations include:
• Millicent Mill: KLEENEX® Tissue, KLEENEX® toilet tissue and VIVA® paper towel
• Ingleburn Mill: HUGGIES® Nappies
• Distribution centres and sales offices in major capital centres
• For further information visit www.kimberly-clark.com.au